During the first session, we will gather important information by interviewing each athlete and performing a physical examination. We will use this data to plan a customized injury prevention program.
- Review intake form and discuss
- The amount of training and playing time during the year.
- The level of involvement of strength and conditioning programs (in and out of season)
- Sport specific questions (ie. Baseball:innings/pitch counts/velocity/positions,
Swimming: events/practices and yardage per week/training methods)
- Any previous issues with overuse injuries
- Physical examination
- Muscle length and flexibility
- Strength and endurance testing
- Balance testing
- Joint and soft tissue mobility
- Biomechanical analysis: Pitching/throwing, jumping/landing